Overview of major new features and enhancements of Tentary.
You have more ideas? Then write us at email@example.com.
- New optional setting that specifies that an invoice is always created and sent with every purchase
- Starting now, you can customize which payment methods appear in the checkout with Stripe: https://app.tentary.com/settings/payment
From now on, multiple products can be combined into a product bundle and sold together.
Added two new payment methods (via Stripe):
Apple Pay + Google Pay
- Added support for Australian Dollar ($AUD)
- More details for undeliverable purchase confirmations in the backend. Repeated failed attempts are now displayed.
Added two new payment methods (via Stripe):
Klarna + EPS (Austria)
- To avoid errors, users will now be logged out in all tabs and windows on the same device upon logout
- Customer data can be exported as a CSV file
- Simplification of the custom domain configuration
- Feedback form added in Tentary account backend
- Added option to link to your Threads profile from your shop
- Loading times of some files / scripts optimized through caching
- Numerous optimizations for PDF stamps/watermarks, including the ability to now apply them to write-protected PDF files as well
- Optionally, the course title can be displayed in the sidebar, instead of "on" the background banner
- Text in product descriptions is more effectively cleansed of faulty code, for example, from copy & paste errors
- New "Delivery Issues" filter for sales. This filter displays all orders where the purchase confirmation could not be delivered smoothly
From now on, you can upload custom thumbnails for your videos.
- The verification of VAT IDs has been revised and now runs significantly faster for all EU countries
For products of the type "Link/Access," it is now possible to create multiple variants to sell different contents or versions.
For example, sell a starter package and a premium package, or sell access to events on different days.
- Existing customers can be merged if their email addresses overlap after correcting a typo
- Invoices can now be created retroactively
- Product images for Order Bumps can be hidden
From now on, additional products can be offered as Order Bumps at checkout! Use it to provide your customers with unique special offers and meaningful add-ons.
Here's the direct link to the Order Bumps in the backend.
We have implemented a drip feature for online courses. This feature gives you control over the release of content to your learners, creating a more engaging course experience.
Learn more about the Drip feature and how to use it in your next online course.
To make it easier and more convenient to edit courses, we have added a full-screen mode to the course editor.
*The mode is only displayed on devices with a certain screen size (not on smartphones or small tablets).
In addition to the length of time that buyers have access to a purchased product, the access time can now also be set.
This means, for example, that all buyers have access to your product from the same time.
- Added new option to specify whether to sell only to private customers, businesses, or both
- Additional address line added
- Email notification for "sales" of free products now possible
Files, especially larger ones from 1GB and up, will now be uploaded significantly faster. Additionally, uploads can now be manually stopped in all browsers.
The layout of all emails, from us to sellers and also from sellers to buyers, has been fundamentally revised.
- More focus on your store and your products through the reuse of your shop color
- Better optimized for small and large displays
- Compatibility ensured with all major email providers, such as Apple Mail, Gmail, Outlook
- Less Tentary branding
Starting now, emails can be sent automatically to certain target groups at specific times with email automations.
For instance, you can automatically send welcome messages to all your buyers (who have consented to receive emails) and a few days later an email with a freebie and a link to your other products.
At the same time, you could also start selling email series and implement many more great products.
Here's the link to the automations in your Tentary account, and here to the corresponding help page.
You can now activate a general newsletter form in your shop's options. This form will be displayed on all of your shop pages.
Activate here -> Shop Settings
Subscribers who sign up via this form can be easily contacted using the built-in email marketing features.
The recipient pool for emails sent with the built-in marketing feature can now be defined even more precisely.
Additionally, the infrastructure for sending marketing emails has been fundamentally overhauled to prepare it for upcoming features.
- The opt-in for email subscriptions can now be resent and manually canceled by sellers
- New email subscription status "Pending" and "Canceled" to better identify which customers have subscribed and unsubscribed
- Watermarks/stamps are now supported for PDFs up to a size of 1000 MB (previously 80 MB)
- Expired accesses can now be extended
- The original file name is preserved during download (apart from special characters that are prohibited in file names on some systems)
- Performance optimizations for shop and sales pages
- Categories added
- Pagination added for shop pages (number of products per page can be set individually)
- Sorting of products in the shop can be changed
- Wording and bug fixes
Design, Domain, and Shop settings are now grouped under the "Shop" menu item.
Additionally, each account uses its own (sub-)domain for selling products. This will now be created directly during registration.
Revised course page layout and added the ability to upload a custom background banner.
You can now create more complex and visually appealing online courses with Tentary. We've almost entirely revamped the course creation process and added new options.
- Create pages and subpages instead of just folders
- Upload and embed images and videos
- Upload audio files and embed them with an audio player
- New basic layout for course pages
- Navigate course pages with Previous/Next buttons
- Course pages have their own submenu for displaying subpages
- Backlink to the seller's shop page, including profile picture
- Visual overhaul of the product editor
In the coming weeks, look forward to additional minor and major improvements, as well as tutorials for online courses.
Feel free to send us your feedback and more ideas at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Products can be individually marked as electronic publications. Reduced tax rates can be applied to these products in many EU countries.*
2. Products can be designated as "Voucher/Ticket." This setting allows for tracking redeemed vouchers and can automatically print a voucher number on PDF-format vouchers after purchase.
*Previously, this setting was activated by selecting the (no longer available) product type "ebook/PDF."
To make product creation more straightforward, product types are now more clearly separated from each other.
There are currently 5 types:
- Appointment Booking
- Digital Download
- Link / Access
- Online Course
Additionally, the product type must be set at the beginning.
Never manually schedule coaching sessions again! From now on, you can sell individual appointment bookings, including an automatically generated link to a Zoom meeting.
Learn more about how the creation and sale of coaching sessions work in our Help Center.
Buyers receive access to the purchased product directly after payment. At the same time - as before - a purchase confirmation is sent by e-mail.
This means that buyers always have immediate access to the purchase, even if the e-mail with the purchase confirmation has not yet arrived or there is a typing error in the e-mail address provided.
From now on, a notification will be sent via email to sellers if a order confirmation couldn't be delivered. The notification will lead to the order in the Tentary account, where further details about the error can be viewed, and the issue can be resolved.
The revenue and traffic analyses have been consolidated on the analysis-page for better comparability. Data on refunds and payment methods have been added, and different currencies are converted to the current account currency.
The withdrawal period for products can be set on an individual basis. While it may make sense for some digital products not to offer a right of withdrawal (which would then have to be legally confirmed by the buyer during the purchase process), there are also products that can be offered with an extended right of withdrawal, e.g. 30 days.
The withdrawal period is set in the product settings.
Introducing a new product type: Newsletter. When this product type is selected, a button for newsletter confirmation (opt-in) is displayed in the purchase confirmation, instead of a download link for files. Irrelevant settings are hidden.
Try it out and create a new product.
Marketing emails can now be sent either immediately or at a specific date and time in the future.
Go to email marketing settings.
You can now define your own text for the "Buy Now" button on your sales pages.
It is now possible to specify how many days customers have access to a product after a purchase.
Both new features can be found in the product settings: https://app.tentary.com/products/new
For shorter time periods, charts will now display data on a daily basis instead of a monthly basis.
The time period for visitor and sales analysis can now be adjusted. This makes it possible to look at trends over a longer period of time.
Revenues can now be exported as a CSV file in addition to a PDF file. Periods for export can also be defined individually.
Go to reports: https://app.tentary.com/settings/revenues
With this update, sharing products has been improved. We also added a feature that makes it possible to embed a purchase button and your product directly into an external website.
It is now possible to upload images directly from the text editor. This gives you more flexibility when creating sales pages or product descriptions.
From now on, all emails you send to your customers will use your contact address and company name as the sender and reply-to address.
This should make it even easier for customers to identify your messages and contact you if they have any questions.
Email marketing is one of the most important ways to stay in touch with customers easily and effectively. You can use email to market additional products to existing customers, share information about new releases, or start your own newsletter.
With Tentary, you get access to all the email marketing features for free. There is no need for additional tools or platforms.
You can send your customers one-time messages called broadcasts or, in the future, multiple automated emails called campaigns (available soon).
Learn more about Email marketing with Tentary.
With each order, a new customer profile is automatically created and is now clearly displayed on the customer page. Customers are distinguished by the email address used to make a purchase.
Additionally: Some optimizations to reduce loading times for the backend and sales pages.
In addition to files, videos, text, and folders, you can now include images on your product pages (the page customers see after a purchase).
Learn more about our product editor.
The product editor has been visually and functionally redesigned to better support courses and workshops with multiple chapters.
You can still upload files, but you can also add text snippets and sort them into chapters or folders.
More options for the product editor will follow in the future. Feel free to send your suggestions to email@example.com.
Learn more about our product editor.
From now on, videos are automatically transcoded during upload and made available to buyers as a stream. This ensures that your videos can be played directly and comfortably on all devices.
More about video streaming in our help-center.
To avoid typos, email addresses are checked for common errors during the purchase process. In addition, after a purchase, buyers are notified why emails may not be received and have the option to request a purchase confirmation again.
You can now export all customer and order data as a CSV-file.
The Tentary platform is now available in English.
Apart from the language support, we also support individual tax and legal settings (e.g. include specific Terms of Service).
From now on, you can choose between different currencies for selling your products in the settings. Reports, dashboards, and invoices will also be displayed in the specified currency.
From now on, every creator worldwide can use Tentary as a sales platform for their digital products and services!
In the Tentary account, instead of selecting only one of the EU countries, you can select any available country and then define individual tax settings to reflect your tax situation. This allows us to automatically display the correct taxes on your product sales in the checkout and include them in invoices to your customers.
For more updates, check out the original changelog (German)->